Saturday, February 18, 2006

Official Nintendo Magazine

As another follow on, I got my issue of ONM yesterday. First impression is: very sexy cover, made of a nice matte paper. Inside is some very 'mature' layouts and design schemes. I'm currently on page 27, and so far it has been lacking in any of the character NOM posessed. I shall see how the rest of the magazine unfolds, and perhaps buy another few issues before I make my judgement, but at the moment I prefer NOM as a magazine, and ONM as a source of content.
It came with a rather nice free gift of sticky DS decals, so now I have the nice guitar dog from animal crossing strumming away inside my DS.
Also noteworthy is the subscription of £9.99 per 3 months, with a free Metroid Prime: Echoes, Donkey Konga (with bongos) or Pikmin 2. This is quite nifty, as I have been intending to purchase donkey konga, so Donkey Konga for £30 with 9 free issues of ONM is quite a bargain.
:)

pps NOM is officially discontinued.

3 Comments:

Blogger sideath said...

It's interesting that my ONM post spawned two further posts! Anyway, I have now read ONM thouroughly, and I like what I see. I can see that it is very attractive to people who aren't necceserily gamers (ie 60% of DS players and probably the majority of Revolution players too), and I personally think that it's an improvement to Cube, NGC and NOM.

Is NGC still being made?

2/19/2006 11:38:00 am  
Blogger Nocashvalue said...

Yes, NGC is still in production, I believe. However I think they discontinued Cube.

2/19/2006 01:51:00 pm  
Blogger sideath said...

This is weird - Future Publishing is now dominating both the PC (they own PC Gamer AND PC Zone) and the Nintendo (with NGC and ONM) scene now. Hmmm... I'll be sure to set up the Forums ASAP. Probably Tommorow in school.

2/19/2006 07:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home